Buteyko Technique: They DO Hyperventilate
Regardless of opinions of medical charlatans from ScienceBasedMedicine.org, who in their article title wrote Buteyko Breathing Technique - Nothing to Hyperventilate About, real science tells us that hyperventilation is the norm among people with chronic diseases. It is now the LAW (see the Chart with numbers from 40+ studies).
The Buteyko method was applied clinically during the best ever known clinical trials on cancer and asthma (6 trials).
This breathing technique was created by Doctor Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko, MD, PhD, a leading Soviet physiologist. In the early 1960's, he became the Manager of the Respiratory Laboratory created for classified scientific research for Soviet Cosmos and the first outer space missions (including the 1964 flight of Yury Gagarin, the first man in space).
The Buteyko breathing technique (also known as the Buteyko method or
Buteyko breathing method) is a system of activities that include:
- Reduced breathing exercises (similar to meditation in tidal volume, and to pranayama in relation to CO2 increase)
- Daily physical exercise with 100% nose breathing
- Lifestyle changes.
The goal of the Buteyko technique is to normalize one's automatic breathing pattern (learning how to breathe in accordance with medical norms 24/7) so as to increase body and brain oxygenation.
The YouTube video below has a title "Dr. Artour Rakhimov Interview: How To Breathe For Health (Buteyko Method)". This was a radio show for Extreme Health Radio in March 2015. The interview is about 1 hour 20 minutes with commercials cut out.
Trials and clinical experience suggest that the method is effective for many other conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, bronchitis, sleep apnea, and so forth.
Buteyko breath technique and chronic diseases
Dr. Konstantin Buteyko suggested and confirmed using thousands of his patients
- People with chronic health conditions suffer from alveolar hypocapnia (a lack of CO2 in the lungs) due to chronic hyperventilation syndrome
- If these people normalize their unconscious breathing, their symptoms and diseases are going to disappear.
Key features of the Buteyko breath technique:
- The Buteyko method is approved by
the Russian Ministry of Health
- Used by over 180 Soviet and Russian medical doctors personally trained by Dr. Buteyko
- Applied by medical doctors on more than 100,000 asthmatics, over 30,000 people with cardiovascular problems and thousands of patients with other conditions (bronchitis, sleep apnea, diabetes, cancer, HIV, liver cirrhosis, and so forth)
- Tested by clinical trials both in the USSR and in the West, including 6 Western randomized controlled trials of the Buteyko technique on asthma (with over 90% reduction in medication) and Soviet trials on HIV-AIDS, radiation disease, heart disease (cardiovascular disease), liver cirrhosis, hepatitis B, and metastatic cancer (with 6 times reduction in 3-year mortality).
The method was chiefly brought to the Western world by Alexander Stalmatski.
The technique leads to a better quality of life especially for people with active lifestyles such as athletes or recruits.
For more information about the history, testimonials of Western physicians, clinical effects in relation to specific health conditions, clinical trials, persecutions by Siberian KGB (Soviet secret service), and other Buteyko-related topics, please use the menu located on the one of the sides.
You can read my in-depth analysis of astonishing results of the cancer trial during which about 60 patients with metastatic cancer practiced Buteyko reduced breathing exercises and reduced their usual or expected 3-year mortality by more than 5 times. The link to this analysis is hidden below as your bonus content. If you know how to defeat cancer, it is generally easier to deal with diabetes, heart disease, emphysema and many other conditions.
New breathing students with terminal conditions (end-stage disease) are accepted on CureEndStageDisease.com with Dr. Artour's Triple Guarantee.
You can leave your grammatically correct feedback and/or comments below with no more than one question please. Thanks.