Buteyko Practitioner Training By Dr. Artour Rakhimov (Review)
General overview of Buteyko Teacher Training
Buteyko teacher training is now
organized by numerous trainers, clinics, and centers worldwide. Currently (November 2015
update), two largest Western organizations who offer certification
- BBEA (Buteyko Breathing Educators Association), mostly based in the USA and Canada, but with many other practitioners located worldwide: http://www.buteykoeducation.org/.
- BIBH (Buteyko Institute of Breathing & Health). mostly known and based in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK: http://www.buteyko.info/.
There are also courses for Buteyko practitioners offered by Patrick McKeown (Ireland), Jennifer Stark (NZ), Glenn White (NZ), and many other teachers.
Which version of this breathing technique is taught in the Western world? The Buteyko method was brought to the west mainly by Alexander Stalmatsky in the 1990's. He taught thousands of students, mainly in Australia and England. Many of his pupils later became practitioners and now offer courses in practitioner certification and training.
Differences in training of new Buteyko instructors
Many decades ago, Dr. Buteyko noticed that Soviet doctors, who were teachers of this breathing method, had a strong tendency to teach their students only until the same level that this specific teacher had ever achieved. In other words, if a teacher had 30 s for his morning CP, as his best results, he would likely teach their students only until this level (and no more).
As a result of this observation, Dr. Konstantin Buteyko suggested that new breathing teachers would be required to achieve the physiological norm for breathing (6.5% CO2 in the lungs and arterial blood) 24/7 that corresponds to about 60 s for the morning CP test. This requirement was later introduced for certification of new Soviet and Russian breathing instructors.
Note that since the 1960's, in Russia and the former USSR, the Buteyko technique has been taught mainly by medical doctors and other health professionals, while less than 3% of all Western Buteyko teachers have had any formal medical education.
The main advantages and important features of Russian teaching
of the Buteyko method and Russian practitioner training relate to the following two areas:
- better knowledge related to lifestyle and other factors in order to achieve the Buteyko golden standard of ideal health: 60 seconds for the morning CP (body-oxygen test). In other words, Russian patients or students achieve better long-term results.
- better knowledge and application of the Buteyko method in relation to people with specific (hard) conditions, such as hypertension, panic attacks, and migraine headaches (some Western practitioners apply maximum pauses for these groups of people when they still have low CPs), as well as diabetes, cancer, emphysema and other serious or rare conditions that require additional lab tests and better knowledge of these pathologies.
However, these are average or general observations that cannot be applied to each Western or Russian Buteyko practitioner.
Video testimonials from breathing teachers whom I trained:
- Misha Sakharoff (Copenhagen, Denmark) speaks about his Buteyko practitioner training.
- Volker Schmitz (Hamburg, Germany) shares his experiences about Buteyko instructor training.
- No payment Buteyko teacher training with Artour
- Buteyko practitioner training courses: Details related to my courses for Buteyko breathing instructors (what they learn, how many hours, how long it takes, etc.).
- Buteyko courses and fees including requirements and fees for practitioner training and certification.
Natural lifestyle choices before and after breathing retraining
|Lifestyle factor:||Body oxygen < 30 s||Body oxygen > 50 s|
|Energy level||Medium, low, or very low||High|
|Desire to exercise||Not strong, but possible||Craving and joy of exercise|
|Intensive exercise with nose breathing||Hard or impossible||Easy and effortless|
|Typical mind states||Confusion, anxiety, depression||Focus, concentration, clarity|
|Craving for sugar and junk foods||Present||Absent|
|Addictions to smoking, alcohol, and drugs||Possible||Absent|
|Desire to eat raw foods||Weak and rare||Very common and natural|
|Correct posture||Rare and requires efforts||Natural and automatic|
|Sleep||Often of poor quality; > 7 hours||Excellent quality; < 5 hours naturally|
Email: "buteyko_researcher", then "@", and then "yahoo.co.uk"
Or you can leave your name and contact details below.
New breathing students with terminal conditions (end-stage disease) are accepted on CureEndStageDisease.com with Dr. Artour's Triple Guarantee.
You can leave your grammatically correct feedback and/or comments below with no more than one question please. Thanks.