1-B. Why Buteyko Breathing Theoretical Studies (at Least 2 Hours) Matter
Learning the Buteyko method by modules
Why does your theoretical preparation matter? It is known from psychology that, when people ascribe more meaning to what they do, they learn things better and have better final results. You are going to have better results in improving your health and body oxygenation, if you have a better understanding know about ideal breathing patterns, CO2 effects, body oxygen test, and other topics explained on this site.
Let me also quote our teacher Doctor Konstantin Buteyko, who in his practical manual wrote, (Buteyko KP, The method of volitional elimination of deep breathing [Translation of the Small Buteyko Manual], Voskresensk, 1994.)
The patients study the theory within 1 to 3 days, then their knowledge is checked and they are given marks according to the 5 point scale system. There exists a direct interconnection between the level of the theory assimilated and the effect produced by the treatment. Quick-witted patients begin to reduce the depth of respiration independently and manage to improve their condition.
Such patients who have undergone deep-respiration tests and assimilated the theory with an excellent mark are allowed to proceed with the second stage of training. Those who have not understood the theory will continue the studies...
Doctor Buteyko devoted the whole section of his manual to this factor. You can find this quote in Assimilation of Theory, The Buteyko method or method of volitional elimination of deep breathing [Translation of the Small Buteyko Manual], Voskresensk, 1994.
How you can get educated? There are 3 options or methods.
Method 1. Educational YouTube videos
This is a fast and relatively easy way. You can get educated about breathing retraining using my YouTube playlist "Buteyko breathing". You can watch all these 17 videos right below here.
My channel has this URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/artour2006. The descriptions and titles of these video clips can be found here. It is important for your better understanding that you watch video clips in the right order: 01, 02, 03, etc.
Method 2. Study pages of this site
For those who like to read, you can study pages of this website. You need to find answers to the following questions:
- What is the goal of the Buteyko method, in particular, and breathing retraining, in general?
- Why and how hyperventilation or overbreathing (or breathing more than the medical norm) reduces cell oxygen content?
- What are parameters of the normal breath pattern and ideal breathing ? What are usual parameters for automatic breathing at rest in modern people?
- How should we breathe to achieve maximum brain and body oxygen levels?
- What are main physiological effects of carbon dioxide on the human organism?
- How to measure your body-oxygen level using the CP test?
- Which lifestyle factors intensify breathing and reduce body oxygenation?
- Which lifestyle factors reduce breathing, increase CO2 levels in the lungs, and improve oxygen transport to cells and tissues?
Method 3. Study the book that has all details in one place
You can buy and read my small PDF e-book "Oxygenate yourself: breathe less" (3 USD) which contains main theoretical ideas about the Buteyko method and numerous questions and answers related to breathing retraining. This book is also available on Amazon.com (Kindle and paperback) with the title "Breathing Slower and Less: The Greatest Health Discovery Ever".
New breathing students with terminal conditions (end-stage disease) are accepted on CureEndStageDisease.com with Dr. Artour's Triple Guarantee.
You can leave your grammatically correct feedback and/or comments below with no more than one question please. Thanks.