Breathslim Review: Can Breathslim Help with Weight Loss?
The Breathslim is a breathing device that is featured on the Breathslim website. The Breathslim device is very similar, in its design and materials, to the Frolov breathing device developed by Vladimir Frolov. It is important to realize that whatever breathing devices, methods, techniques, and exercises we use, their effects depend on changes in our automatic or unconscious breathing pattern.
When we apply Breathslim or some other breathing technique, there are generally two long-term effects due to breath work and lifestyle.
1. If our unconscious breathing pattern gradually becomes slower and lighter, then we experience an improved perfusion of all vital organs, increased cell oxygen levels, better immunity, and many other positive effects related to breathing retraining.
2. If our automatic breathing pattern remains the same, then our symptoms, aches, addictions, sleep, digestion, body weight, etc., will also be unchanged.
Therefore, if one sleeps on his or her back or breathes through the mouth during sleep, his or her automatic breathing pattern will likely be the same even after months or years of practicing with the Breathslim or the Frolov breathing device due to the Sleep heavy breathing effect, which can cancel all benefits of breathing exercises.
Hence, in order to achieve certain success with the Breathslim, one needs to increase his or her morning body-oxygen levels. Correction of lifestyle risk factors is necessary for a more efficient breath-changing and life-changing project (nose breathing 24/7, exercise with nose breathing only, elimination of nutritional deficiencies, correct posture for abdominal breathing 24/7, and so on). Obviously, following 2 central rules of the Buteyko method (eat only when you are hungry and stop eating at the first signs of satiety) are also important for Breathslim to work.
How does Breathslim really work?
The Breathslim creators suggest on their website that increased pressure during exhalation helps drive additional oxygen into the arterial blood and this extra oxygen burns extra fat. However, that idea disagrees with the laws of respiratory physiology. These laws claim that the arterial blood is up to 98-99% saturated with oxygen during miniscule normal breathing (6 L/min at rest for a 70-kg man). A moderate air pressure increase in the alveoli cannot significantly influence or increase oxygen transport to cells.
How then does the Breathslim device actually work? Obese people always have reduced body oxygenation. It is nearly the norm that people with moderate degree of obesity have less than 20 seconds for the body-oxygen test, while the medical norm for body oxygenation is about 40 seconds. People with severe obesity have about 10 seconds only. These are effects of their heavy breathing, which reduces body oxygenation.
Correct breathing exercises with Breathslim increase body-oxygen levels. Slower breathing rises alveolar CO2 levels as the users start to breathe easier after the breath work. Since oxygen transport depends on arterial CO2 content and, since alveolar hypocapnia is common in obese people, increased arterial CO2 is the key factor that produces all positive effects. Diaphragmatic breathing during sessions is an additional factor that improves blood oxygenation, while a large amplitude of inhalations and exhalations is an excellent massage of the abdominal organs and the lymph nodes located under the diaphragm.
The use of the Breathslim or the Frolov breathing device is one the most natural and most efficient breathing exercises to increase metabolism, boost body-oxygen levels and fight obesity. The effect of this program can be greatly amplified, if the person also improves lifestyle factors so as to slow down his or her breathing. These lifestyle changes are discussed in the Learning Section of this site.
Summary. Breathslim will boost your metabolism, blood sugar content, and energy levels. It is an excellent way to loose weight. If you increase your body oxygenation up to 40-50 seconds you will have amazing physical fitness, excellent health and normal body weight.
You can buy Breathslim with this Breathslim promotion code: NB2012 from their website: Breathslim to get your 10% off the retail price. Just paste or remember this promotion code and use it when you submit your Breathslim order.
If you want more detailed instructions for Breathslim, you can find them here: How to Use Frolov Device (Instructions). This book includes a complete program (with lifestyle changes, body-O2 test, and manuals), as well as complete Dinamika instructions (all 18 pages) for using the Breathslim device.
Warning. Breathing exercises can cause powerful cleansing reactions and can be dangerous for pregnant women, people with organ transplants, GI problems, and panic attacks, as well as those who take medication for diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, and other conditions. Consult your health care provider and follow special guidelines, which can be found in the Module Restrictions, limits, and temporary contraindications.
Reference pages: Breathing norms and medical facts:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- 6 breathing myths: Myths and superstitions about breathing and body oxygenation (prevalence: over 90%)
- Hyperventilation: Definitions of hyperventilation: their advantages and weak points
- Hyperventilation syndrome: Western scientific evidence about prevalence of chronic hyperventilation in patients with chronic conditions (37 medical studies)
- Normal minute ventilation: Small and slow breathing at rest is enjoyed by healthy subjects (14 studies)
- Hyperventilation prevalence: Present in over 90% of normal people (24 medical studies)
- HV and hypoxia: How and why deep breathing reduces oxygenation of cells and tissues of all vital organs
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
- Body oxygen in healthy: Results for the body-oxygen test for healthy people (27 medical studies)
- Body oxygen in sick : Results for the body-oxygen test for sick people (14 medical studies)
- Buteyko Table of Health Zones: Clinical description and ranges for breathing zones: from the critically ill (severely sick) up to super healthy people with maximum possible body oxygenation
- Morning hyperventilation: Why people feel worse and critically ill people are most likely to die during early morning hours
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in tissues
- Cell oxygen levels: How alveolar CO2 influences oxygen transport
- Oxygen transport: O2 transport is controlled by vasoconstriction-vasodilation and the Bohr effects, both of which rely on CO2
- Free radical generation: Reactive oxygen species are produced within cells due to anaerobic cell respiration caused by cell hypoxia
- Inflammatory response: Chronic inflammation in fueled by the hypoxia-inducible factor 1, while normal breathing reduces and eliminates inflammation
- Nerve stabilization: People remain calm due to calmative or sedative effects of carbon dioxide in neurons or nerve cells
- Muscle relaxation: Relaxation of muscle cells is normal at high CO2, while hypocapnia causes muscular tension, poor posture and, sometimes, aggression and violence
- Bronchodilation: Dilation of airways (bronchi and bronchioles) is caused by carbon dioxide, and their constriction by hypocapnia (low CO2)
- Blood pH: Regulation of blood pH due to breathing and regulation of other bodily fluids
- CO2: lung damage: Elevated carbon dioxide prevents lung injury and promotes healing of lung tissues
- CO2: Topical carbon dioxide can heal skin and tissues
- Synthesis of glutamine in the brain, CO2 fixation, and other chemical reactions
- Deep breathing myth: Ignorant and naive people promote the idea that deep breathing and breathing more air at rest is beneficial for health
- Breathing control: How is our breathing regulated? Why hypocapnia makes breathing uneven, irregular and erratic.
Go back to Breathing techniques
If you click the above Facebook like button and "like" this page, I will be nearly "forced" to asnwer your question. You can also tweet this page. Mention this in your comment, and you can ask even more. Thanks.
|Disclaimer||Copyright 2013 Artour Rakhimov||Contact details||About Artour Rakhimov (Google profile)|