Frolov Breathing Device History and Buteyko Method
Frolov Respiration Training Device was invented by Vladimir Fedorovich Frolov (1938-2009). He graduated from the Military Academy of Chemical Defense in Moscow and worked in the area of development and production of devices for chemical defense. Well educated in the areas of biochemistry and medicine, Vladimir Frolov was an author of 6 patented practical inventions. At the end of his military career, he worked in the Central Apparatus of the Ministry of Defense of the USSR. After his military career, he worked as a chief engineer for production of powdered materials.
During these times, in late 1980's, his health got progressively worse. Vladimir Frolov was searching for solutions to his health problems, and he found an article in a local newspaper about the Buteyko breathing method (Dr. Buteyko had been working in Novosibirsk in 1960-90's). Judging by the spirit of this article, Frolov realized that the Buteyko method was successful for many different health problems. However, there were many obstacles. The Buteyko method could only be learned from an instructor during special lessons. As Frolov wrote, "I was unsatisfied about this factor. If there is a method of breathing, which does not require any special conditions and equipment, why could a person not use it independently at home?"
Hence, he got an "idea about creation of the Device for Each Person". He continued, "... the Buteyko method could become the scientific foundation for such device. According to Buteyko, diseases appear due to carbon dioxide deficiency in the arterial blood". This is correct for most people, except patients with ventilation-perfusion mismatch (severe asthma and bronchitis, emphysema, other forms of COPD, etc.). In order to be more accurate, the hypothesis, according to Dr. Buteyko, is that the cause of chronic diseases is alveolar hyperventilation or CO2 deficiency in the functioning alveoli of the lungs (See Definition of Hyperventilation discussion for more detail.).
If you interested in mysteries related to deaths of leading Soviet healers (Dr. Buteyko, Vladimir Frolov and Alexandra Nikolaevna Strelnikova), visit the page: Buteyko, Frolov, Strelnikova died.
Related links and web pages (Frolov breathing device):
- Frolov breathing device - Overview and general information about the Frolov breathing device therapy
- Frolov device history and origins are connected with the Buteyko breathing technique
- Frolov device: How does it work explains the main physiological mechanism (hypercapnic hypoxic training)
- Frolov device effects describes its main clinical effects
- Acute asthma exacerbations clinical trial - Application of the Frolov device in a hospital setting
- COPD breathing exercises - Another clinical trial with application of the Frolov device on hospitalized patients with acute exacerbation of COPD
(*** More Trials: Under construction ***)
- Buy Frolov breathing device with 30 min online support from Dr. Artour Rakhimov
- How to Use Frolov Device (Instructions): Ultimate health restoration program (90 pages book in PDF and Kindle formats) with Dinamika instructions and lifestyle manuals included
- Prototypes of the Frolov breathing device: Breathslim (breathing device for weight loss) and Samozdrav (or Cosmic Breath/Cosmic Health)
Some facts about the Frolov Breathing Device:
- Over 300 health professionals (MDs, GPs or family physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, and other medical professionals) have been involved in studying, endorsing and promoting the Frolov breathing device and its application to their patients in Russia since the year 2000.
- More than 2,500,000 people in Russia could confirm that they have improved their health with the help of the Frolov Respiration Training Device, implying the goals set have been successfully achieved (http://www.intellectbreathing.com/)
- According to the results of clinical trials on children and adults and the long-term practical application of the device, it is a very efficient therapy against diseases of the respiratory, cardiovascular and nervous systems. The Frolov breathing exercises normalize oxygenation of the arterial blood, blood supply to the brain and myocardium, oxygenation of cells, the immune system, and metabolism, and improve lung function tests and abnormal blood parameters, including the hormonal profile. The exercises also improve energy level, sleep and digestion.
- Typical reduction in medication in clinical trials for bronchial asthma was about 60-80%. (Note that since correction of risk life style factors was not a part of the program, much better results are expected when the practicing person makes positive changes in this area.) Clinical trials also found reduced inflammation in airways and normalizations in the heart rate, electrocardiogram, blood pressure, cardiointervalography and renovasography measurements. The breathing device improved the removal of mucus and reduced coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Systematic clinical trials and published medical studies with hundreds of patients have been conducted on the following health problems: bronchial asthma, bronchial asthma in children, bronchial asthma with weakness of respiratory muscles, hypertension, angina pectoris, chronic bronchitis, acute stages of bronchitis, emphysema, and diabetes. Apart from these investigations, medical reports have indicated positive effects on gastrointestinal problems, cystic fibrosis, psychological disorders, obesity, osteochondrosis, and some other conditions.
Your social engagement and comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Back to: Frolov Breathing Device
|Disclaimer||Copyright 2013 Artour Rakhimov||Contact details||About Artour Rakhimov (Google profile)|