Frolov Respiration Device Therapy
The Frolov breathing device (or Frolov's respiration training device) is a modern respiratory training device. It was invented by Vladimir Fedorovich Frolov and Eugene Fedorovich Kustov in the 1990's. Numerous Russian clinical trials and approbations have found that the Frolov device is a safe and effective medical tool to reduce symptoms and medication for various health problems (including asthma, bronchitis, COPD, emphysema, hypertension, angina pectoris, sinusitis, diabetes, arthritis, seizures, sleep apnea, and many other conditions).
In Russia, the Frolov breathing device can be bought in pharmacies and hundreds of Russian MDs or family physicians prescribe the Frolov breathing device to their patients so that they can buy and use it.
Apart from two patents in the USSR and Russia, the Frolov respiration device was patented in the USA - Patent Number 5,755,640 (here is a PDF file: 1998 USA Frolov Device Patent). In the USA, since 2000 the Frolov breathing device was officially approved by the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as a Class 2 medical device (Frolov FDA's approval).
When following the holistic health restoration program, based on Dr KP Buteyko's discoveries in relation to lifestyle changes and the general goal of breathing training (to breathe less and slower 24/7), breathing sessions with the Frolov device deliver the fastest growth in body-oxygen content (the control pause - see the test below) in comparison with other popular techniques. (The Amazing DIY Breathing Device, a prototype of the Frolov device, produces comparable results.)
A short breathing session (e.g., 3-5 minutes) with the Frolov breathing device leads to quick reduction in acute symptoms of many chronic diseases (including exacerbation of asthma, bronchitis, headache, chest pain due to angina, blocked nose, chronic coughing, pain due to arthritis, dyspnea, constipation, shortness of breath, and seizures). Typical breathing sessions (15 min or longer) produce a profound and lasting rejuvenating effect with a feeling of increased energy; improved focus, sleep, digestion; and many other positive physiological and biochemical changes.
Easier and lighter breathing after the breathing session will last for many hours due to the adaptation of the breathing centre to slower and more relaxed breathing with higher CO2 levels in body cells and improved body-oxygen content, which can be easily measured using the body-oxygen test. Systematic applications of the Frolov breathing device, combined with healthy lifestyle changes, lead to clinical remission of many chronic diseases.
There are special instructions developed by Vladimir Fedorovich Frolov himself and his numerous followers, including Dr. Sergey Nakifovich Zinatulin, MD, a pupil of Dr KP Buteyko and the leading respiratory specialist at Dinamika company (www.intellectbreathing.com). Dinamika company is currently the primary international advocate and promoter of the Frolov breathing device.
If you have interest in Frolov device instructions, click here: How to Use Frolov Device (Instructions). This digital book (88 pages) offers a complete program (with lifestyle changes and manuals), as well as 18 pages of Dinamika instructions for using the Frolov device.
Related links and web pages (Frolov breathing device):
- Frolov breathing device - Overview and general information about the Frolov breathing device therapy
- Frolov device history and origins are connected with the Buteyko breathing technique
- Frolov device: How does it work explains the main physiological mechanism (hypercapnic hypoxic training)
- Frolov device effects describes its main clinical effects
- Acute asthma exacerbations clinical trial - Application of the Frolov device in a hospital setting
- COPD breathing exercises - Another clinical trial with application of the Frolov device on hospitalized patients with acute exacerbation of COPD
(*** More Trials: Under construction ***)
- Buy Frolov breathing device with 30 min online support from Dr. Artour Rakhimov
- How to Use Frolov Device (Instructions): Ultimate health restoration program (90 pages book in PDF and Kindle formats) with Dinamika instructions and lifestyle manuals included
- Prototypes of the Frolov breathing device: Breathslim (breathing device for weight loss) and Samozdrav (or Cosmic Breath/Cosmic Health)
- 1998 USA Frolov Device Patent - USA Patent No. 5,755,640 from May 26, 1998
- Summary of Safety and Effectiveness - Frolov Respiration Training Device, FDA Approval: Case #K992256, Office for Device Evaluation, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA, January 11, 2000.
Some facts about the Frolov Breathing Device:
- Over 300 health professionals (MDs, GPs or family physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, and other medical professionals) have been involved in studying, endorsing and promoting the Frolov breathing device and its application to their patients in Russia since the year 2000.
- More than 2,500,000 people in Russia could confirm that they have improved their health with the help of the Frolov Respiration Training Device, implying the goals set have been successfully achieved (http://www.intellectbreathing.com/)
- According to the results of clinical trials on children and adults and the long-term practical application of the device, it is a very efficient therapy against diseases of the respiratory, cardiovascular and nervous systems. The Frolov breathing exercises normalize oxygenation of the arterial blood, blood supply to the brain and myocardium, oxygenation of cells, the immune system, and metabolism, and improve lung function tests and abnormal blood parameters, including the hormonal profile. The exercises also improve energy level, sleep and digestion.
- Typical reduction in medication in clinical trials for bronchial asthma was about 60-80%. (Note that since correction of risk life style factors was not a part of the program, much better results are expected when the practicing person makes positive changes in this area.) Clinical trials also found reduced inflammation in airways and normalizations in the heart rate, electrocardiogram, blood pressure, cardiointervalography and renovasography measurements. The breathing device improved the removal of mucus and reduced coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Systematic clinical trials and published medical studies with hundreds of patients have been conducted on the following health problems: bronchial asthma, bronchial asthma in children, bronchial asthma with weakness of respiratory muscles, hypertension, angina pectoris, chronic bronchitis, acute stages of bronchitis, emphysema, and diabetes. Apart from these investigations, medical reports have indicated positive effects on gastrointestinal problems, cystic fibrosis, psychological disorders, obesity, osteochondrosis, and some other conditions.
Reference pages: Breathing norms and the DIY body oxygen test:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in body tissues
- Nerve stabilization: Carbon dioxide has powerful calmative and sedative effects on brain neurons and nerve cells
You can leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks.