- Updated on August 8, 2020
By Dr. Artour Rakhimov, Alternative Health Educator and Author
- Medically Reviewed by Naziliya Rakhimova, MD
Clinical effects of breathing retraining (or the Buteyko method or Frolov device with lifestyle changes) on hypothyroidism symptoms and medication:
– Immediate intensification of body metabolism and natural reduction in dosages of thyroxin or supplemental thyroidal hormone
– Increase in the CP is accompanied by increased levels of energy, disappearance of fatigue, disappearance of feeling cold and cold extremities (no need for hot water bottles for sleep anymore), elimination of dry skin, natural weight normalization (usually weight loss), quick elimination of dry skin, muscle weakness and gradual disappearance of face puffiness.
– Easier automatic breathing naturally causes increased CP values (for the DIY body oxygen test) and with over X seconds for the CP test 24/7 (see details for number “X” below) cause complete clinical remission of hypothyroidism and no need for medication.
– Natural prevention of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and goiter.
– Significant immediate improvements in the quality of life.
While hypothyroidism is a harder health condition in comparison with, for example, asthma or sinusitis, it is still relatively easy to treat with breathing retraining. Students are required to slow down their automatic breathing back to the medical norm. This process is accompanied by a natural increase in the morning CP.
In order to make these changes in their unconscious breathing and treat hypothyroidism naturally, students practice breathing exercises at the level of about 60-90 minutes per day and are involved in 1 hour (later 2 hours) of physical exercise with nose breathing. Lifestyle changes are also important for success in breathing retraining.
Down below, you can discover the value for number X that corresponds to a breathing pattern that provides clinical remission (cure) of hypothyroidism. There is one extra heart rate (pulse) requirement there too.
Over 40 seconds for the CP test 24/7 is required with heart rate at rest (sitting) less than 70 beats per minute.
This YouTube video features a discussion between Volker Schmitz and Dr. Artour Rakhimov about causes and treatment of hypothyroidism.
Overview of effects of breathing retraining and the Buteyko technique on hormonal conditions:
Treatment of Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, and Obesity.