Buteyko Toronto Courses - By Dr. Artour Rakhimov
The Buteyko breathing courses are now taught in GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada by the Buteyko Toronto Courses offered by Dr. Artour Rakhimov who is a qualified Buteyko practitioner.
Dr. Artour Rakhimov started his Buteyko teaching career in 2001 and has been teaching the Buteyko method to groups of people since 2003. Dr. Rakhimov graduated from the Moscow State University (Honors) and teaching Buteyko, as a Buteyko practitioner, has been his main occupation since 2005. He was trained by Ludmila Buteyko and Andrey Novozshilov, MD (Buteyko Medical Clinic in Moscow, Russia), world's most experienced Buteyko practitioners. Dr. Rakhimov is the author of the most comprehensive book in English about the Buteyko breathing retraining medical technique, as well as 3 other books.
The Buteyko Toronto Courses are offered to those qualified students who are committed to practice since breathing retraining requires self-discipline, will power and persistence. Indeed, since the student ought to change their automatic or unconscious breathing pattern, it is necessary to take care about lifestyle risk factors, such as sleeping on one's back, mouth breathing, physical exercise, posture, nutritional deficiencies and many others.
The main Buteyko Toronto course which is taught in groups is Level 2 course.
Level 2 course "Existence" of Buteyko Toronto Courses
Numerous chronic health problems can be completely resolved by students
who adhere to guidelines and treatment programs offered by Buteyko Toronto
Courses, which can grant a money-back guarantee for up to 90% of committed students
with the following "simple or low CP diseases":
● Chronic fatigue syndrome
● Hypertension (primary)
● Angina pectoris
● Allergic rhinitis
● Hay fever
● Panic attacks/anxiety
● Sleeping problems
● Sleep apnea
The goal of this course is to achieve up to about 20-30 s morning CP test results, so that there is no need for medication and no symptoms of the main health problem. Further breathing normalization is required in order to achieve complete clinical remission, including elimination of inflammation; allergies; GI, hormonal problems, and musculo-skeletal problems.
It takes somewhere from 1-2 weeks up to 1-2 months to achieve this level. The main Buteyko Toronto course includes 5 group sessions (lessons), each about 2 hours long and 2 private meetings. (Most sessions are done in a small group, but each student also has individual lessons.) During the course the students learn various breathing exercises (up to 1/3 of the course), get educated in lifestyle management, and get homework. Apart from breathing exercises, the Buteyko method includes teaching of healthy lifestyle factors by the Buteyko practitioner and detailed explanation of how and why these factors influence breathing. These factors include sleep, exercise, diet, posture, thermoregulation, and other lifestyle parameters.
Note that one's health can be found using the CP test and the Buteyko Table of Health Zones.
Requirements for Level 2 course of the Buteyko Toronto Courses
Theoretical requirements: The student should have basic knowledge about
breathing, breathing patterns, CO2 effects and
effects of overbreathing (or deep breathing) on the human body. The student can get this knowledge by
a) attending the introductory lecture organized by the Buteyko Toronto Courses;
b) reading the small book "Oxygenate yourself: breathe less";
c) watching my video course on Google Video or YouTube.
Personal commitment: The student will need:
- at least 1 hour every day for breathing exercises;
- at least 1 hour for suitable physical activity;
- following healthy life style factors (only those that reduce your breathing!)
Fees for the course
The fee for the course in a group is 350$. Individual lessons and phone/internet fees are 60$ per hour.
* If a person is very-very interested in learning, but cannot afford it (e.g., you are homeless, unemployed, low-income, student, or retired), they may join the existing group with certain conditions (objective situational factors, proof reading work, etc.).
Buteyko Toronto Courses for children
The Buteyko Toronto Courses also teach courses to children as young as about 3-4 years old. There are also special techniques for younger students, including new-born, infants and toddlers. These techniques are learned by parents and/or caretakers. The main requirement here is learning the Buteyko method by parents and/or caretakers first from the Buteyko practitioner.
Related web pages:
- Dr. Artour Rakhimov with his teachers (Ludmila Buteyko and Andrey Novozshilov)
- Testimonials and comments of leading Buteyko educators about Dr. Rakhimov's book
- Description of all 3 Levels courses
- Diseases addressed by the Buteyko method
- Diseases Section of the website
Postal address: Dr. Artour Rakhimov, 6250 Bathurst St. #525, Toronto M2R 2A4 Ontario Canada
Email: "artour", then "@", and then "normalbreathing.com"
Skype ID: artour_rakhimov
Or you can leave your contact details in the comment box below and explain your situation and reasons of your interest in breathing retraining and the Buteyko method
Reference pages: Breathing norms and the DIY body oxygen test:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in body tissues
- Nerve stabilization: Carbon dioxide has powerful calmative and sedative effects on brain neurons and nerve cells
You can leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks.