Buteyko Los Angeles Services - By Dr. Artour Rakhimov
Now Los Angeles area in California has another Buteyko practitioner (Dr. Artour Rakhimov), who educates public and organizes professional courses for patients with health problems, ranging from asthma and hypertension to epilepsy and eczema.
Dr. Artour Rakhimov discovered the method in 2000. Later he became trained by famous Buteyko practitioners from the Buteyko Medical Clinic in Moscow, Russia Ludmila Buteyko and Andrey Novozshilov, MD. Dr. Artour Rakhimov has been teaching the Buteyko breathing method to groups of people since 2003. He is the author of the most comprehensive book in English about the Buteyko breathing retraining medical technique (you can click on the link and read testimonials of other Buteyko teachers about his book). Dr. Rakhimov graduated from the Moscow State University (with Honors) and he has been teaching Buteyko, as a Buteyko instructor, since 2005.
The Buteyko Los Angeles Services are offered to those qualified people who are committed to practice breathing exercises since breathing retraining requires self-discipline, persistence and loyalty. Indeed, the student ought to change his or her basal or unconscious breathing pattern. Therefore, it is necessary to address lifestyle risk factors, such as sleeping on one's back, mouth breathing, insufficient physical exercise, wrong posture, nutritional deficiencies and many others so that to have less breathing problems with easier and slower breathing and more oxygen in the body. (body oxygen level is the main criteria of health and its DIY measurement method is explained on a web page Measure Your CP.)
The main Buteyko Los Angeles Services course is taught in small groups. It is Level 2 course.
Level 2 course "Existence" of Buteyko Los Angeles Services
Chronic disorders can be completely resolved by those students,
who adhere to guidelines and treatment programs offered by Buteyko Los Angeles
Services. In its turn, we can grant a money-back guarantee for up to 90% of
with the following "low CP" disorders:
● Chronic fatigue syndrome
● Allergic rhinitis
● Hay fever
● Hypertension (primary)
● Angina pectoris
● Sleep apnea
● Panic attacks/anxiety
● Sleeping problems
The goal of Level 2 course is to achieve up to 20-30 s for the morning CP. At this level of body oxygenation, there is no need for medication and students have no symptoms of their main health problem. Higher CPs and learning how to breathe even less is required in order to achieve complete clinical remission, including elimination of hormonal problems; allergies; inflammation; GI and locomotor system problems.
It usually takes from between 1-2 weeks and up to 1-2 months to achieve these CP levels by breathing slower and easier. The main course include 5 group sessions (lessons), each about 2 hours long. (Most sessions are done in a small group, but each student also has 2 individual lessons.) During the course the students learn several breathing exercises, practice them, and get homework. Apart from breathing exercises, the Buteyko method includes teaching of healthy lifestyle factors (related to exercise, sleep, diet, posture, etc.) by the Buteyko practitioner and detailed explanation of how and why these factors influence breathing.
Requirements for Level 2 course of the Buteyko Los Angeles Services
Theoretical requirements. The student should have basic knowledge about
breathing, breathing patterns, CO2 effects and
effects of overbreathing (or deep breathing) on the human body. The student can get this knowledge by
a) attending the introductory lecture organized by Buteyko Los Angeles Services;
b) reading the small book "Oxygenate yourself: breathe less";
c) watching my video course on GoogleVideo or YouTube.
Personal commitment. The student will need:
- at least 1 hour every day for breathing exercises;
- at least 1 hour for suitable physical activity;
- following healthy life style factors (only those that reduce your breathing!)
Fees for the course
The fee for the course in a group is 350$. Individual lessons and phone/internet fees are 60$ per hour.
* If a person is very-very interested in learning, but cannot afford it (e.g., you are homeless, unemployed, low-income, student, or retired), they may join the existing group with certain conditions (objective situational factors, proof reading work, etc.).
Buteyko Los Angeles Services Courses for children
The Buteyko Los Angeles Services also teach courses to children 3-4 years and older. There are special therapeutic techniques for younger Buteyko students, including new-born, infants and toddlers. These techniques, as well as the Buteyko method, are first learned by parents and/or caretakers from the Buteyko practitioner.
Related web pages:
- Testimonials and comments of leading Buteyko educators about Dr. Rakhimov's book
- Dr. Artour Rakhimov with his teachers (Ludmila Buteyko and Andrey Novozshilov)
- Description of all 3 Levels courses
- Diseases easily addressed by Buteyko
- Contributions of Dr. A. Rakhimov
- Diseases Section of the website
Postal address: Dr. Artour Rakhimov, 6250 Bathurst St. #525, Toronto M2R 2A4 Ontario Canada
Email: "artour", then "@", and then "normalbreathing.com"
Skype ID: artour_rakhimov
Or you can leave your contact details in the comment box below and explain your situation and reasons of your interest in breathing retraining and the Buteyko method
Reference pages: Breathing norms and medical facts:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- 6 breathing myths: Myths and superstitions about breathing and body oxygenation (prevalence: over 90%)
- Hyperventilation: Definitions of hyperventilation: their advantages and weak points
- Hyperventilation syndrome: Western scientific evidence about prevalence of chronic hyperventilation in patients with chronic conditions (37 medical studies)
- Normal minute ventilation: Small and slow breathing at rest is enjoyed by healthy subjects (14 studies)
- Hyperventilation prevalence: Present in over 90% of normal people (24 medical studies)
- HV and hypoxia: How and why deep breathing reduces oxygenation of cells and tissues of all vital organs
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
- Body oxygen in healthy: Results for the body-oxygen test for healthy people (27 medical studies)
- Body oxygen in sick : Results for the body-oxygen test for sick people (14 medical studies)
- Buteyko Table of Health Zones: Clinical description and ranges for breathing zones: from the critically ill (severely sick) up to super healthy people with maximum possible body oxygenation
- Morning hyperventilation: Why people feel worse and critically ill people are most likely to die during early morning hours
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in tissues
- Cell oxygen levels: How alveolar CO2 influences oxygen transport
- Oxygen transport: O2 transport is controlled by vasoconstriction-vasodilation and the Bohr effects, both of which rely on CO2
- Free radical generation: Reactive oxygen species are produced within cells due to anaerobic cell respiration caused by cell hypoxia
- Inflammatory response: Chronic inflammation in fueled by the hypoxia-inducible factor 1, while normal breathing reduces and eliminates inflammation
- Nerve stabilization: People remain calm due to calmative or sedative effects of carbon dioxide in neurons or nerve cells
- Muscle relaxation: Relaxation of muscle cells is normal at high CO2, while hypocapnia causes muscular tension, poor posture and, sometimes, aggression and violence
- Bronchodilation: Dilation of airways (bronchi and bronchioles) is caused by carbon dioxide, and their constriction by hypocapnia (low CO2)
- Blood pH: Regulation of blood pH due to breathing and regulation of other bodily fluids
- CO2: lung damage: Elevated carbon dioxide prevents lung injury and promotes healing of lung tissues
- CO2: Topical carbon dioxide can heal skin and tissues
- Synthesis of glutamine in the brain, CO2 fixation, and other chemical reactions
- Deep breathing myth: Ignorant and naive people promote the idea that deep breathing and breathing more air at rest is beneficial for health
- Breathing control: How is our breathing regulated? Why hypocapnia makes breathing uneven, irregular and erratic.
If you click the above Facebook like button and "like" this page, I will be nearly "forced" to asnwer your question. You can also tweet this page. Mention this in your comment, and you can ask even more. Thanks.
|Disclaimer||Copyright 2013 Artour Rakhimov||Contact details||About Artour Rakhimov (Google profile)|