eBook - Normal Breathing: the Key to Vital Health, by Artour Rakhimov
305 pages; 2011 edition
Warning. This book is intended as a theoretical and practical study for breathing teachers and practitioners who have at least 30 seconds for the body-O2 test.
What other world's leading Buteyko trainers and practitioners wrote about this book
"... It is not just another book on Buteyko. It really fills in some gaps
and addresses some real needs. I purchased one and read the first couple of
chapters last night and flicked through the rest. What a fabulous resource it
is. I would highly recommend it to everyone. We will definitely make it part of
the required reading for the Eucapnic- Buteyko Practitioner Training Course…
- Rosalba Courtney, Buteyko teacher, Chairperson of the Buteyko Practitioners Association in Australia (www.buteyko.com).
"This is the most comprehensive
scientific work available in the west on Buteyko's work"
- Peter Kolb, Biomedical Engineer (Australia), Dr. Buteyko's personal friend, Buteyko teacher and creator of the largest web-site devoted to the Buteyko method for Asthma.
"…I have read through your book a
number of times and I have came across nothing which would demand a correction.
Personally I feel that your book is very well written and is a great help for
all practitioners. I would also believe that the information contained is
greater than what has been available on most Buteyko practitioner training
courses. I have received notes and feedback from most of them and nothing comes
close. Furthermore, it is the most informative book available to date on the
Buteyko Method which is published in the English language…"
- Patrick McKeown, Leading Buteyko Trainer and Practitioner (Ireland), author of several books about the Buteyko method
"... I've just bought your book yesterday and I want to thank you for all the effort
you took to write it. It is good stuff and helps me even better understanding the Buteyko Method. Many thanks..."
- Dirk van Ginneken, Buteyko practitioner and founder of the Buteyko Institute in the Netherlands.
" ...I congratulate you on a
really excellent and valuable addition to the fund of available Buteyko
knowledge. I think the way you have properly referenced everything gives it real
- Victor Lunn-Rockliffe, artist and Buteyko student (England), who contributed to Western Buteyko movement with his numerous drawings used for various Buteyko articles and web-sites.
" ... This is without doubt one of the most comprehensive and rigorous
examinations of Buteyko's work and the science behind it, in English language,
available today. The book is an excellent reference for Buteyko practitioners
and medically trained people and yet is written in a style accessible to all
readers. The book is required reading for all my trainee practitioners..."
- Glenn White, Buteyko Practitioner/Practitioner Trainer, Buteyko Breathing Clinics New Zealand.
You can read first 109 pages (5 Chapters only) using this PDF link. The material in chapter 1 (including both Tables) can be copied and used for educational purposes, in order to promote importance of normal breathing and the Buteyko method (please, mention the source: name of the book and its web address).
Kindle version of this book is now available: seen details below.
Electronic (Adobe/PDF) version:
- PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
- PDF file is about 2.4 MB
- PDF file may be printed out (305 pages) or read on a computer
- Each copy purchased is a single license to print a personal copy and to install on a computer. For example, three licenses entitle three individuals to print personal copies and to install on their computers.
- Free download of Acrobat Reader
How to buy this book
I use the secure servers at www.ContentShelf.com, which is now a PCI Compliant shopping cart (PCI Security Standards Council) integrated with PayPal, to process your credit card payments over the Internet. You can also use your Paypal account.
Credit Card processing by Content Shelf - payment system of choice for millions of people worldwide (visit their site by clicking on their name).
If you choose to buy, click on the "Buy Now" button below. You will be automatically transferred to www.ContentShelf.com who will collect your payment information and you will be linked to a location from which you can download your file. You will also receive an email confirmation of your order. Note that there is no service fee, shipping charges, or "handling" (whatever that is) for orders placed via Content Shelf. Also, nobody outside Content Shelf can receive any of your credit card information - all of that is processed solely by Content Shelf.
Once you have downloaded the ebook you will be asked for a password, in order to open the ebook. YOUR PASSWORD IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WITH YOUR ORDER.
In order to save the book, open the Downloads folder and move the book from the Downloads folder to any desired location. Note that you cannot save the ebook from Adobe Acrobat or other PDF readers.
You will get a personal copy of the ebook (with encryptions) for your personal use. You may create a printed copy of PDF books solely for your own personal use. For more information, visit Terms and Conditions of Use (NormalBreathing.com).
If you did not manage to get the link to your download immediately after your purchase, follow these steps:
A) Go To - https://contentshelf.com/users/
B) Enter the email address and the password you created when making your purchase.
C) You'll immediately be able to download your product.
The price of the book is 47 Euro or 68 USD.
Kindle version of this book is now available (MOBI file type for Kindle reading devices). You can buy it here:
The price for the Kindle version of the book is 69 USD.
If you are interested in this book, but cannot afford it (e.g., you are unemployed, low-income, homeless, or from non-western country), send me an email and explain your situation, including the following details: your name, address, occupation, company you work for, wages, and reasons of your interest in the Buteyko method and in this book. No reasonable request will be refused. I regularly get emails from India, Latin America, Africa and other countries and places. If there is no reply, send me a message through your Facebook account.
Reference pages: Breathing norms and medical facts:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- 6 breathing myths: Myths and superstitions about breathing and body oxygenation (prevalence: over 90%)
- Hyperventilation: Definitions of hyperventilation: their advantages and weak points
- Hyperventilation syndrome: Western scientific evidence about prevalence of chronic hyperventilation in patients with chronic conditions (37 medical studies)
- Normal minute ventilation: Small and slow breathing at rest is enjoyed by healthy subjects (14 studies)
- Hyperventilation prevalence: Present in over 90% of normal people (24 medical studies)
- HV and hypoxia: How and why deep breathing reduces oxygenation of cells and tissues of all vital organs
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
- Body oxygen in healthy: Results for the body-oxygen test for healthy people (27 medical studies)
- Body oxygen in sick : Results for the body-oxygen test for sick people (14 medical studies)
- Buteyko Table of Health Zones: Clinical description and ranges for breathing zones: from the critically ill (severely sick) up to super healthy people with maximum possible body oxygenation
- Morning hyperventilation: Why people feel worse and critically ill people are most likely to die during early morning hours
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in tissues
- Cell oxygen levels: How alveolar CO2 influences oxygen transport
- Oxygen transport: O2 transport is controlled by vasoconstriction-vasodilation and the Bohr effects, both of which rely on CO2
- Free radical generation: Reactive oxygen species are produced within cells due to anaerobic cell respiration caused by cell hypoxia
- Inflammatory response: Chronic inflammation in fueled by the hypoxia-inducible factor 1, while normal breathing reduces and eliminates inflammation
- Nerve stabilization: People remain calm due to calmative or sedative effects of carbon dioxide in neurons or nerve cells
- Muscle relaxation: Relaxation of muscle cells is normal at high CO2, while hypocapnia causes muscular tension, poor posture and, sometimes, aggression and violence
- Bronchodilation: Dilation of airways (bronchi and bronchioles) is caused by carbon dioxide, and their constriction by hypocapnia (low CO2)
- Blood pH: Regulation of blood pH due to breathing and regulation of other bodily fluids
- CO2: lung damage: Elevated carbon dioxide prevents lung injury and promotes healing of lung tissues
- CO2: Topical carbon dioxide can heal skin and tissues
- Synthesis of glutamine in the brain, CO2 fixation, and other chemical reactions
- Deep breathing myth: Ignorant and naive people promote the idea that deep breathing and breathing more air at rest is beneficial for health
- Breathing control: How is our breathing regulated? Why hypocapnia makes breathing uneven, irregular and erratic.
If you click the above Facebook like button and "like" this page, I will be nearly "forced" to asnwer your question. You can also tweet this page. Mention this in your comment, and you can ask even more. Thanks.
|Disclaimer||Copyright 2013 Artour Rakhimov||Contact details||About Artour Rakhimov (Google profile)|