Physical Health? Only with High Body O2
Definition for Physical Health
How one can get great physical health? Are there any special systems and techniques? You can practice the most advanced physical exercise routines, eat tons of organic super-foods and supplements, drink canisters of super juices, but if your body-oxygen levels remain the same, you will suffer from the same health problems, which can even get worse and worse.
Physical health can be defined as a state of well-being when all internal and external body parts, organs, tissues and cells can function properly as they are supposed to function. This physical health definition also includes physical health as a state of physical well-being in which a person is physically fit to perform their daily activities without restrictions. Good physical health means that, for example, our ears can normally hear, our eyes have normal vision, our legs can walk, jump, run, and perform many other normal activities without problems. Recruitment of rookies for military service in many countries is often based on the requirement of good physical health.
Over 180 Soviet and Russian medical doctors tested more than 300,000 patients and found that body oxygenation (results of the simple DIY body oxygen test) define physical health and lifestyle in these patients. Here is a Table that reflects their observations.
|Lifestyle factor:||Body oxygen < 30 s||Body oxygen > 50 s|
|Energy level||Medium, low, or very low||High|
|Desire to exercise||Not strong, but possible||Craving and joy of exercise|
|Intensive exercise with nose breathing||Hard or impossible||Easy and effortless|
|Typical mind states||Confusion, anxiety, depression||Focus, concentration, clarity|
|Craving for coffee, sugar and junk foods||Present||Absent|
|Addictions to smoking, alcohol, and drugs||Possible||Absent|
|Desire to eat raw foods||Weak and rare||Very common and natural|
|Correct posture||Rare and requires efforts||Natural and automatic|
|Sleep||Often of poor quality; > 7 hours||Excellent quality; < 5 hours naturally|
Criteria for physical health
First, let us consider why modern people have lousy physical health and low body O2.
Based on the clinical experience of more than 180 Soviet and Russian medical professionals and my own observations of thousands of people, there is a simple way that is necessary and usually sufficient to guarantee excellent physical health -->physical health people and those with chronic diseases cannot have physical health due to their low body oxygenation caused by ineffective breathing patterns.
According to Soviet and Russian MDs, a person should have less than 4 L/min for minute ventilation (or more than 60 seconds of oxygen in the brain and body cells) in order to possess overall wellness and good physical health. Modern normal people have only about 20-25 seconds for the body-oxygen test. People with chronic diseases virtually always have less than 20 seconds of oxygen due to their fast and heavy breathing pattern (chronic hyperventilation). This shows why very few people have good physical health in today's society.
The situation with physical health in sick people is even worse. Here are more specific details:
Minute ventilation rates (chronic diseases)
| All references or
click below for abstracts
|Normal breathing||6 L/min||-||Medical textbooks|
|Healthy Subjects||6-7 L/min||>400||Results of 14 studies|
|Heart disease||15 (+-4) L/min||22||Dimopoulou et al, 2001|
|Heart disease||16 (+-2) L/min||11||Johnson et al, 2000|
|Heart disease||12 (+-3) L/min||132||Fanfulla et al, 1998|
|Heart disease||15 (+-4) L/min||55||Clark et al, 1997|
|Heart disease||13 (+-4) L/min||15||Banning et al, 1995|
|Heart disease||15 (+-4) L/min||88||Clark et al, 1995|
|Heart disease||14 (+-2) L/min||30||Buller et al, 1990|
|Heart disease||16 (+-6) L/min||20||Elborn et al, 1990|
|Pulm hypertension||12 (+-2) L/min||11||D'Alonzo et al, 1987|
|Cancer||12 (+-2) L/min||40||Travers et al, 2008|
|Diabetes||12-17 L/min||26||Bottini et al, 2003|
|Diabetes||15 (+-2) L/min||45||Tantucci et al, 2001|
|Diabetes||12 (+-2) L/min||8||Mancini et al, 1999|
|Diabetes||10-20 L/min||28||Tantucci et al, 1997|
|Diabetes||13 (+-2) L/min||20||Tantucci et al, 1996|
|Asthma||13 (+-2) L/min||16||Chalupa et al, 2004|
|Asthma||15 L/min||8||Johnson et al, 1995|
|Asthma||14 (+-6) L/min||39||Bowler et al, 1998|
|Asthma||13 (+-4) L/min||17||Kassabian et al, 1982|
|Asthma||12 L/min||101||McFadden, Lyons, 1968|
|COPD||14 (+-2) L/min||12||Palange et al, 2001|
|COPD||12 (+-2) L/min||10||Sinderby et al, 2001|
|COPD||14 L/min||3||Stulbarg et al, 2001|
|Sleep apnea||15 (+-3) L/min||20||Radwan et al, 2001|
|Liver cirrhosis||11-18 L/min||24||Epstein et al, 1998|
|Hyperthyroidism||15 (+-1) L/min||42||Kahaly, 1998|
|Cystic fibrosis||15 L/min||15||Fauroux et al, 2006|
|Cystic fibrosis||10 L/min||11||Browning et al, 1990|
|Cystic fibrosis*||10 L/min||10||Ward et al, 1999|
|CF and diabetes*||10 L/min||7||Ward et al, 1999|
|Cystic fibrosis||16 L/min||7||Dodd et al, 2006|
|Cystic fibrosis||18 L/min||9||McKone et al, 2005|
|Cystic fibrosis*||13 (+-2) L/min||10||Bell et al, 1996|
|Cystic fibrosis||11-14 L/min||6||Tepper et al, 1983|
|Epilepsy||13 L/min||12||Esquivel et al, 1991|
|CHV||13 (+-2) L/min||134||Han et al, 1997|
|Panic disorder||12 (+-5) L/min||12||Pain et al, 1991|
|Bipolar disorder||11 (+-2) L/min||16||MacKinnon et al, 2007|
|Dystrophia myotonica||16 (+-4) L/min||12||Clague et al, 1994|
Note that advanced stages of asthma can lead to lung destruction, ventilation-perfusion mismatch,
and arterial hypercapnia causing further reduction in body oxygen levels.
Maintaining physical health
Maintenance of physical health is based on natural interactions with the environment that include such fundamental qualitiesphysical healthrcise, diet, air and water. A person cannot sustain physiphysical healthlong periods of time if she or he abuses the body too much. However, it is also known that in a state of exceptional physical health, a person can withstand and successfully cope with serious limitatphysical healthctions. For example, people with about 2.5-3 minutes for the body-oxygen test can survive with no sleep, food, and water for up to 3 or more days and still be in a state of excellent physical health. Similarly, these people can survive in great health eating only very limited types of food for weeks or even months, for example, only meat or fish.
According to clinical experience of Soviet and Russian doctors, the main factor to maintain physical health is physical exercise with nose breathing, while other factors (such as good diet, presence of all required nutrients, good sleep hygiene, and so forth) are also necessary. Main destructive factors that diminish body oxygenation are the same factors that are causes of hyperventilation. They include supine sleep (sleeping on the back), mouth breathing, lack of exercise, overheating, poor posture, eating too much, talking too much, and so on. The methods and techniques to correct these lifestyle risk factors to improve physical health are covered in the module Learn Buteyko breathing exercises.
Web pages about cardiovascular endurance, physical exercise, running, body
building, and sports:
- Cardiovascular endurance and body O2 levels: How brain and body oxygenation influence cardiovascular endurance, desire to exercise, fitness-related lifestyle factors and physical health
- Physical health: It is impossible without high body-oxygen levels since low tissue oxygenation promotes chronic fatigue, diseases and abnormal states of the mind
- Breathing techniques for running: Which breathing techniques provide maximum body oxygenation at rest and during running?
- Benefits of physical activity: The main benefits of correct physical activity for health are due to more oxygen in body cells. Learn how to exercise correctly to get maximum benefits from exercise and sports
- Benefits of running correctly include increased cell and body-oxygen levels provided that you run with nose breathing only (in and out) mimicking some effects of high-altitude training
- Altitude training especially at really high altitude helps to improve O2 transport due to hypoxic effects. This improves VO2max and endurance. However, one does not need to train or run at high altitude in order to get maximum sports and endurance benefits. Learh how you can get more benefits at the sea level.
- Effects of exercise on the respiratory system: They are short-term and long-term and mainly depend on your breathing route: mouth vs. nose breathing
- Effects of lifestyle factors on sport performance are individual, but they all relate to increased O2 levels in body cells
- How to build more body muscle with less diet protein: Bodybuilding does not require as much protein in one's diet to build muscles if the body cells are well oxygenated due to correct breathing 24/7
- Natural bodybuilding requires high body oxygen levels in order to be safe, beneficial for health, and really natural
- Graded exercise therapy: How to Make It Very Effective: Graded exercise therapy can be very beneficial, if it is done with one old key rule: nose breathing only
- Training Mask: Most advanced forms of physical exercise to boost body oxygenation, VO2max, endurance, and health.
Short sport and fitness articles: Breathing at rest, cardiovascular endurance
and sport performance:
- Simple breathing exercise for higher VO2max
- Changing VO2max by breathing differently at rest
- Exercise is joy only when the body is oxygenated at rest
- When exercise is 100% safe for chronic diseases
- Why modern man gets little, if any, benefits from exercise
- Which exercise parameters increase body oxygenation
You can leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks.