- Updated on September 13, 2020
By Dr. Artour Rakhimov, Alternative Health Educator and Author
- Medically Reviewed by Naziliya Rakhimova, MD
4 Home Constipation Remedies: Fast Cure
Breathing Exercise To Relieve Constipation in 1 min Fast
Here are our famous constipation remedies:
Solution 1. Take about 400 mg of magnesium every day, better in divided doses (i.e., spread throughout the day). Use an organic form (magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, magnesium aspartate, amino acid chelate, and so forth).
Solution 2. Eat 1 tablespoon of raw honey twice daily, in the morning and evening.
Solution 3. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder in 250-300 ml of water and drink quickly, twice every day.
Solution 4. Finally, here is the simplest and fastest natural home remedy among all known constipation remedies. It addresses the ultimate cause of this symptom – low levels of O2 in the body, spasm in the muscles of the digestive tract and reduced perfusion (blood supply) of body cells. The exercise can be used for severe chronic constipation, during pregnancy, for constipation pain, for children, and in many other situations.
Constipation remedy breathing exercise (relief in 1-2 min)
This natural and easy breathing exercise to relieve constipation (and even its pain) was invented by Soviet medical doctors and tested on thousands of their patients.
1. Take a slow inhalation using your abdominal muscles or belly (as if filling your belly with air) and exhale by relaxing your diaphragm. (This slow and deep breath increases blood oxygen levels since people with constipation are usually chest breathers.)
2. At the end of this slow relaxed exhalation, pinch the nose and hold your breath until you experience strong-air hunger. (People with heart disease, seizures, panic attacks and frequent migraines should avoid extended breath holding and use the easier version provided below.)
3. When you release your nose, instead of following your natural desire to take a large deep inhalation, take a shorter inhalation using your diaphragm and then immediately relax it. Your goal is to maintain strong level of air hunger for 1-2 minutes, while having this reduced breathing pattern with total relaxation of all body muscles. If you do this exercise, increased O2 and CO2 concentrations will bring quick relief from constipation and pain.
For people with heart disease and panic attacks
These groups of people need a different version of this breathing exercise to relieve constipation. They should use a different approach. They require more gentle changes in CO2 and O2 in the lungs and blood. Instead of a sudden CO2 increase in the blood (as during breath holding), these people start with step 3 above: only reduced breathing while gradually increasing air hunger level.
This YouTube video “Constipation Remedies” – Relief in 1 Min provides the same exercise to relieve constipation fast.
Permanent and natural chronic-constipation remedy
In order to get rid of severe or chronic constipation, you should slow down your automatic breathing and increase your body-oxygen levels. Slower breathing provides better oxygen and blood supply for the colon. As a result, if you achieve a certain level, you can cure all problems with chronic constipation.
The typical requirements for the body oxygen test (exact numbers) in order to cure problems with chronic constipation are provided below as your bonus content.
In order to reduce problems with constipation to nearly nothing or very mild, you need to get 30 seconds for the CP test 24/7. The complete freedom from all types of spasms and cramps, often require up to 40-60 s for the body O2 test.