Constipation Relief in 1 Min: Breathing Exercise for Pain Due to Constipation
Thousands of people can testify that this is an exceptionally easy and fast method for constipation relief and reduce the pain and suffering of constipation and the abdominal pain caused by it. Over 160 Russian doctors have taught this 100% natural exercise to their patients.
Constipation pain means the spasm in the smooth muscles of the GI tract. This pain appear due to a lack of two crucial chemicals in the body and the digestive tract: CO2 and oxygen. How could it appear? Concentrations of both these chemicals are controlled by our breathing patterns. Hence, the answer is in breathing normalization or breathing in such a way that is closer to the normal breathing pattern. The success rate for this exercise has been over 80-90%.
Pain due to constipation (instructions for relief in 1-2 min)
1. Apply this natural home remedy when you sit on the toilet, while squatting, using strictly nasal breathing.
2. Take a slow inhalation using your abdominal muscles or belly (as if filling your belly with air) and exhale gently and slowly by relaxing your diaphragm. (This slow and deep breath increases blood oxygen levels since people with constipation are usually chest breathers.)
3. At the end of this slow relaxed exhalation, pinch the nose and hold your breath until you experience strong-air hunger. (People with panic attacks, heart disease, seizures, and frequent migraines should avoid extended breath holding and use the easier version provided below.)
4. When you release the nose, instead of following your natural desire to take a deep inhalation, take a shorter inhalation using your diaphragm or abdominal muscles and then immediately relax them. Your goal is to maintain strong-air hunger for 1-2 minutes, while having this reduced breathing with total relaxation of all body muscles. If you do this exercise, increased O2 and CO2 concentrations will bring quick relief from constipation and possible pain.
For people with heart disease and panic attacks
These groups of people require a different version of the breathing exercise to relieve pain due to constipation symptoms. They should use a different approach with more gentle changes in CO2 and O2 in the lungs and blood. Instead of a sudden CO2 surge (as during breath holding), these people start with step 4 above: only reduced breathing while gradually increasing air hunger level (i.e., no breath holds).
This YouTube video (on the right side) provides details of the same exercise to relieve constipation fast: Constipation Remedies: Cure in 1 Min.
Physiological foundation of constipation relief
Decreased ventilation leads to gradual accumulation of carbon dioxide in the lungs, blood, and all other body tissues. Carbon dioxide is a relaxant of all smooth muscles (Natural Muscle Relaxant), a dilator of the arteries (CO2 Vasodilation), restorer of the tone of veins, and a catalyst of chemical release of oxygen from hemoglobin (the Bohr effect).
Long-term constipation relief (for good): normalize your breathing
If you retrain your unconscious respiratory pattern, so that you have more than a certain number (in seconds) for the body-oxygen test, your problems with pain from constipation and many other common symptoms of chronic diseases will disappear nearly completely. Furthermore, clinical remission takes place at even higher body O2 levels. Both these numbers to ease and defeat constipaton are provided right below here as your bonus content.
For references and clinical abstracts click here: Constipation relief references.
How automatic-breathing parameters relate to spasms and cramping
(muscle, stomach, leg cramps in bed; periods or menstrual cramps; and many other types)
* You cannot measure your respiratory frequency just by counting it (more info: Breathing rates)
Or go back to Symptoms
You can leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks.