4 Home Remedies for Chronic Constipation | Constipation Cure
With a Simple Breathing Exercise To Relieve Constipation in 1-2 min
Here are our famous constipation remedies:
Solution 1. Take about 400 mg of magnesium every day, better in divided doses (i.e., spread throughout the day). Use an organic form (magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, magnesium aspartate, amino acid chelate, and so forth).
Solution 2. Eat 1 tablespoon of raw honey twice daily, in the morning and evening.
Solution 3. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder in 250-300 ml of water and drink quickly, twice every day.
Solution 4. Finally, here is the simplest and fastest natural home remedy among all known constipation remedies. It addresses the ultimate cause of this symptom - low levels of O2 in the body, spasm in the muscles of the digestive tract and reduced perfusion (blood supply) of body cells. The exercise can be used for severe chronic constipation, during pregnancy, for constipation pain, for children, and in many other situations.
Constipation remedy breathing exercise (relief in 1-2 min)
This natural and easy breathing exercise to relieve constipation (and even its pain) was invented by Soviet medical doctors and tested on thousands of their patients.
1. Take a slow inhalation using your abdominal muscles or belly (as if filling your belly with air) and exhale by relaxing your diaphragm. (This slow and deep breath increases blood oxygen levels since people with constipation are usually chest breathers.)
2. At the end of this slow relaxed exhalation, pinch the nose and hold your breath until you experience strong-air hunger. (People with heart disease, seizures, panic attacks and frequent migraines should avoid extended breath holding and use the easier version provided below.)
3. When you release your nose, instead of following your natural desire to take a large deep inhalation, take a shorter inhalation using your diaphragm and then immediately relax it. Your goal is to maintain strong level of air hunger for 1-2 minutes, while having this reduced breathing pattern with total relaxation of all body muscles. If you do this exercise, increased O2 and CO2 concentrations will bring quick relief from constipation and pain.
For people with heart disease and panic attacks
These groups of people need a different version of this breathing exercise to relieve constipation. They should use a different approach. They require more gentle changes in CO2 and O2 in the lungs and blood. Instead of a sudden CO2 increase in the blood (as during breath holding), these people start with step 3 above: only reduced breathing while gradually increasing air hunger level.
Reference pages: Breathing norms and the DIY body oxygen test:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in body tissues
- Nerve stabilization: Carbon dioxide has powerful calmative and sedative effects on brain neurons and nerve cells
You can leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks.