Startup NormalBreathing Jobs: Internship writers, editors, and assistants
Startup jobs in health (with a health challenge for you)
- Industry: Alternative Health
- Category: Health therapies based on breathing retraining, diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes with about 90% success rates (no medication and remission of symptoms) for practicing people with asthma, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, epilepsy, COPD, initial stages of cancer, and many other conditions.
- Will Cover Interviewing Expenses: Yes (either within Europe or North America)
- Will Cover Relocation Expenses: Yes (either within Europe or North America)
- Salary (after training): 16 euro/hour or 18 USD/hour (with minimum 4 hours per day and 6-month minimum contract).
The NormalBreathing team is expanding. After 10 years of slow but steady growth with 100s of online freelancers working on various projects, we are looking for long-term assistants working in the area of public health and chronic diseases.
People with health issues or poor health (low energy, GI problems, insomnia, pains and aches, etc.) and even serious conditions (such as asthma, sinusitis, epilepsy, heart disease, diabetes, early cancer, etc.) or those people who are searching for super-health (having much better health than they have now) are especially encouraged to apply.
1. Secondary (or high school, college, or equivalent) education
2. Strong English with good writing and editing skills
3. Personal maturity: indifference to pubs, clubs, bars, drinking parties, alcohol, drugs, smoking, gambling, shopping, jewelry, body decorations, etc. in relation to your practical lifestyle or your desire to learn these liberating life skills. (This requirement is not necessary if you want to apply for breathing practitioner training in exchange for your work (you can even earn money while training) - see the link for details.)
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines to complete specific assignments.
5. (Here is a health challenge for you:) Having more than 60 s for the body oxygen test in the morning indicating breathing no more than the medical norm and having excellent physical health.
The last requirement (60 s for the body oxygen) is also the main goal of 2- or 3-month training (see below).
New NormalBreathing projects (areas of your future work)
You will be involved with projects that include:
- Creation of the video course to learn breathing retraining online
- Editing and creation of new Amazon and PDF books (in Kindle, paperback, PDF, and audio formats), in addition to 11 books that you can see here http://www.amazon.com/Artour-Rakhimov/e/B007A0ZE4K/
- Creation of instructional and educational videos (for YouTube and other video hosting platforms) and conduction of interviews in a role of a journalist (asking questions) for creation of new videos. Our current YouTube Channel, with 70+ videos, is here: https://www.youtube.com/c/ArtourRakhimov
- Editing existing pages and creation of new web pages in the areas of health, diet, fitness, meditation/yoga and treatment of chronic diseases. There are currently (May 2016) 500+ pages on this site: sitemap
- Help and assistance in teaching health to new students online and organizing workshops and training courses to live students.
Executive assistants will manage some parts of the whole business (books, or online learning courses, or websites, or video production, or workshops, etc.) and could earn percentage of revenue.
One week trial period
We'll cover your relocation (travelling in both directions), accommodation, and meals for this one week trial period. You will work for no more than 20 hours per week. The purpose of this trial period is to test your skills to work, exercise, and practice breathing retraining.
During this trial you are expected to do things with the speed that is common for people working on fiverr.com, upwork.com, elance.com, and freelancer.com: write a 700-word article in 30 min; produce a new 700-word HTML or WordPress page with onpage SEO and images/videos added in 60 min; edit a 10-min video with images and titles added in 40-60 min; proofread a 700 word article in 30 min, and so forth.
Self-discipline and punctuality are also required: it is better to be 5 min earlier than 2 min late for meetings, appointments, trainings, and work especially when these activities involve more than 2 people.
How to achieve 60 s morning CP (your health challenge)
Option 1. You can achieve this health state (more than 60 s for the body oxygen test in the morning and 24/7) yourself using any methods and techniques including those provided in DIY Learning Modules of the NormalBreathing site.
Option 2 (2- or 3-month training with others). You can participate in breathing retraining classes that will be provided for members of the NormalBreathing Team during your internship and for trainees (who want to become teachers). These classes include about 25 hours of teaching lessons from Level 2 (to get 30+ s morning CP) and Advanced courses (to get 60+ s MCP).
Our experience with 1,000s of students indicate that it is impossible to achieve ideal physical health without having 2 hours of daily physical exercise, 1-2 hours of breathing exercises (similar to yoga pranayama and meditation), and lifestyle changes (sleep, diet, etc.). You can find more details about lifestyle changes in Learning Modules on this website. Your daily involvement in physical exercise, or, at least, a desire to more forward in this area, up to 2 hours per day, is necessary in order to apply. (We teach how to enjoy and crave for exercise naturally while getting more time from naturally shortened sleep!)
Having more than 60 s of body oxygen automatically provides very short and effective sleep (less than 5 hours naturally); desire or craving to do 2-3 hours of physically exercise daily; amazing clarity of mind; disappearance of addictions; and many other physical and spiritual benefits described, for example, in ancient yoga texts and yoga books written many decades ago.
Details of 2- or 3-month training (internship)
In order to work with the NormalBreathing team, you need to experience real health. Then you will get the job and will be able write about health. Hence, your main goal during the internship (2-3 months) is to get over 60 s for the body oxygen test 24/7.
During the whole internship, you will be paid hourly for your work (the location/conditions are to be discussed, all transportation expenses are paid both ways), while working for 15-20 hours per week plus having 1-2 hours of training per day (related to your online work and breathing retraining). Your income will cover your housing and meals.
Payment details and issues related to work permits are discussed here: payments for NormalBreathing trainees and assistants.
The paid work will be simple (editing, writing, video creation, etc.). The intention and primary goal of this training is to teach you extra skills (1-2 hours per day). There will be 2 types of lessons during this extra time:
- teaching basics of SEO, creation of web pages, video making, and other online skills
- lessons related to your physical health in order to achieve over 60 seconds for your body oxygenation.
Here are some common and expected effects related to high body oxygenation that you will get.
Natural lifestyle choices before and after breathing retraining
|Lifestyle factor:||Body oxygen < 30 s||Body oxygen > 50 s|
|Energy level||Medium, low, or very low||High|
|Desire to exercise||Not strong, but possible||Craving and joy of exercise|
|Intensive exercise with nose breathing||Hard or impossible||Easy and effortless|
|Typical mind states||Confusion, anxiety, depression||Focus, concentration, clarity|
|Craving for sugar and junk foods||Present||Absent|
|Addictions to smoking, alcohol, and drugs||Possible||Absent|
|Desire to eat raw foods||Weak and rare||Very common and natural|
|Correct posture||Rare and requires efforts||Natural and automatic|
|Sleep||Often of poor quality; > 7 hours||Excellent quality; < 5 hours naturally|
Note that, while breathing retraining requires some time investments (mainly during initial stages of learning and progress), you will get shorter sleep later (4-5 hours are common for advanced students with 60+ s CP). This will allow you to have the same or improved time availability for your other activities. All people who acheived this health state can testify that this was the best time and energy investment they made in their lives for their own health.
You may grasp main ideas of breathing retraining from the Homepage of this site that includes 2 images and large table representing results of over 100 clinical studies.
Common lifestyle changes include these activities: breathe only through the nose, do not sleep on the back, eat only when hungry, maintain correct posture, etc..
During internship, you will follow our standard group course with 2 individual sessions (nearly one month in duration with about 15 hours of classes in total) and then advanced course (about 8-10 hours) that have been taught to hundreds of students since 2002. All assistants will have our individual attention and will get these lessons while learning in small groups.
Training will take place only if there are 2 or more suitable candidates (assistants and teacher trainees). There will be no office yet for work, classes, and training. Similar training can be organized later in large cities. Details and locations of all trainings are to be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Important. You will surely be provided with 6-month contract (at least), if you successfully complete this internship: get over 60 s for the body oxygen test 24/7.
Valued (not all necessary - can be learned) skills:
- Active involvement in sports and daily exercise
- Typing, editing, proofreading
- Creative writing of articles, reports, and books
- Use of Microsoft Office or Open Office
- Video creation and editing
- Creation of educational CDs, DVDs, and other digital products
- File conversions
- Design of simple images
- Creation of websites and web pages in WordPress and/or HTML/PHP
- Registration and hosting of domain names and websites
- Submission of videos, articles, files, and books to websites, blogs, aggregates, and platforms (YouTube, Amazon, CreateSpace, etc.)
- Social media promotions
- Online comments
- Backlink building and on-page and off-page SEO.
Communication with us
If you are shortlisted or got questions from us, please reply within 1 (preferably) or 2 business days. If you reply 4 or more days later, several other applications can be received and it will be difficult for us to keep all details about all applied candidates in mind in order to choose available and suitable candidates. The same relates to organizing trainings later when you are invited for training: it is hard to make a common synchronized and coordinated plan with exact dates suitable for all candidates if answers are received 4 or more days later. Therefore, if you do not reply within 3 business days, this will be considered as your withdrawal from training. (If your internet access does not work well properly or consistently, or you have trips, retreats, vacations, etc., with interrupted internet communication, please let us know about that in advance.)
Your current work and housing
Some candidates may already have simple jobs (being a servant, dish-washer, baby sitter, etc.). Having 2-month training may result in a loss of their current employment. In this case, you may try to approach your current supervisor (boss) with a request to provide you with a break to try this unique oportunity to improve your health (if you have symptoms, it is nearly certain that we can solve them) and learn new skills while get paid during training. If it is clear for your supervisor that you are overqualified for your current employment, it is likely that hes/she can grant you a temporary break while keeping your position in case you want to resume it later.
You may apply similar ideas to housing, or sublease it, or ask the landlord about possible options.
Q and A about internship
Q: Is there an opportunity to work from home rather than relocate immediately?
A: After internship, when we have better knowledge of each other and worked for 4-6 months together, it can be possible. We can communicate via emails for projects related to creation of new web pages, books and other products.
Q: What does 'training' refer to? Learning the Buteyko Method or more than this?
A: 1. Getting 60+ s morning CP with lifestyle changes is a great challenge.
2. Learning simple skills related to online work, SEO, video creation, etc. depending on the area of your work.
Q: Is the role for strictly 15-20 hours of work per week during internship and we need to complete the breathing/physical exercise requirements outside of this in our own time?
A: Our group classes include at least 2 breathing sessions for any class with a break for physical exercise. To get required daily time for breathwork and exercise would need practicing during your extra time.
Q: Where/what location would the successful applicant work from if not an office?
A: Training locations will depend on locations of candidates and my travelling schedule. Working from an apartment, hotel, or airbnb place is an option during internship. After training, work will be done online (via Skype) or in one of those cities which I frequently visit. Having an office is also in plans.
Q: Will internet access be available during training?
A: Yes, of course.
Q: Will be the opportunity to pursue other projects, such as working online or writing something, during my free time during internship?
A: During internship, an assistant may be able to work for 2 extra hours daily. While having 3 hours of extra work in a day, it could be difficult to have all things done and have enough recovery/rest time. Having 4 hours of extra work per day will make it very hard (unless you are already happy with 6 hours or less for your sleep). It would be an ideal situation for us if no extra work is done at all during internship. Note that you may also need some time for shopping, cooking, laundry, etc.
Q: Can you pay for transatlantic flights?
A: If there is a rare chance when the transatlantic ticket is below 300 USD (I have seen such tickets online), it might be possible in one direction for some assistants since we'll then also pay internal tickets within the USA or Europe. Contact us for details. Tickets will surely be paid within the EU and USA for assistants who are invited to join training.
With more than 60 s for the body oxygen test 24/7 after internship (or you can get this result using the DIY approach) and your ability to do work (in relation to your health and within the team), this opportunity will lead to a long-term work (even for 2-3 new assistants) for the NormalBreathing team. You will get at least 4 hours per day of work (or 20 hours weekly) for at least 6 months after your successful internship.
Native or excellent English: The nature of this online business requires excellent written English skills.
These work opportunities are great for young people, recent school graduates, recent college graduates, current babysitters (child minders), store clerks, writers, secretaries, yoga teachers, meditation instructors, servers, dishwashers, caretakers, child care workers, teacher assistants (in public and private schools), retail sales clerks, cleaners, janitors, house keepers and maids, cooks, cashiers, nursing aides and anybody else who have good grades in school and wants to start a new career, change an existing one, or try another job.
How to apply for this job
To test your ability to be accurate and pay attention to details, we ask you to send us the following:
- Indication that you satisfy the four requirements mentioned above
- Your CV and GCSE or equivalent details with grades for your secondary education and college/university
- Results for your English tests (if you have any) if you are not a native speaker
- Indication that you have an intention/desire to learn the method (making lifestyle changes, practicing breathing exercises and up to 2 hours of physical exercise every day during training)
- Your ability to relocate (not a necessary requirement but increases your chances).
For your messages, use this email address: "artour" followed by "(at)normalbreathing.com".
An ideal candidate
If you satisfy all criteria, are a native speaker and personally mature (as above), have over 80% for school grades (Honors, Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Summa Cum Laudeor, or As only, or over 3.7 GPA, etc.), with over 60 min of daily exercise now, and provide all required details, please write "PRIME CANDIDATE" in the subject line of your email in order to be automatically shortlisted. Such candidates will certainly be contacted. (If you do not hear from us, please email us again or send your message/details again via our website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. until you get an answer from us. We want to stay in touch with all suitable candidates for future projects.)
You can also leave your application letter and a link to your resume/CV and other details in the comment box below. These details will not be public.
If you satisfy all criteria, have over 80% for your school grades, have background (or strong interest) in health, and provide all required details, you will certainly be contacted. (If you do not hear from us, please email us again or send your message/details again via our website, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. until you get an answer from us. We want to stay in touch with all suitable candidates for future projects.)
The expected placement is June 2016, while another NormalBreathing training can start some months later. Looking forward to work with you.
You can leave your grammatically correct feedback and/or comments below. (But Artour is on a summer vacation now.) Thanks.