Breathing Slower and Less: The Greatest Health Discovery Ever?
Over 90% of modern people suffer from breathing problems. The common problems include chest breathing, mouth breathing, and hyperventilation (increased minute ventilation), all of which reduce oxygen levels in body cells and promote chronic diseases.
Minute ventilation rates (chronic diseases)
Note that advanced stages of asthma can lead to lung destruction, ventilation-perfusion mismatch,
and arterial hypercapnia causing further reduction in body oxygen levels.
The situation with automatic breathing in ordinary people is slightly better, but much worse than it was during first decades of the 20th century.
"Hence, normal breathing corresponds to a healthy organism" Dr. K. P. Buteyko, Dr. Buteyko's Lecture in the Moscow State University on 9 December 1969.
The website has over 400 web pages. It is based on clinical experience of more than 600 Russian doctors and 100's of Western clinical studies quoted here. You likely can end your health misery and achieve normal health and possibly super fitness following ideas described here.
To navigate this site, use the main menu above and the submenu on the left side. There are also several major categories with their own menus at the bottom of each page.
Solutions to breathing problems
Reference pages: Breathing norms and the DIY body oxygen test:
- Breathing norms: Parameters, graph, and description of the normal breathing pattern
- Body-oxygen test (CP test) : How to measure your own breathing and body oxygenation (two in one) using a simple DIY test
References: pages about CO2 effect:
- Vasodilation: CO2 expands arteries and arterioles facilitating perfusion (or blood supply) to all vital organs
- The Bohr effect: How and why oxygen is released by red blood cells in body tissues
- Nerve stabilization: Carbon dioxide has powerful calmative and sedative effects on brain neurons and nerve cells
Comments are closed on the Homepage, but are available on nearly 400 other breathing pages.